There is a requirement as client asked us to add a Log out button directly in application bar instead of going to File-> Log out. Also it should be an image instead of button.
I have followed the following steps to achieve this requirement.
- First you need to add the custom image to the <SIEBEL_ROOT>PUBLIC\< language_folder>\IMAGES folder. Image I used is ‘LogOut_New.png’
- Find the Container Web Page for the application you want to add the button. As I am using eCommunication, It is “CC Container Page”.
- Navigate to Webpage in object explorer,choose “CC Container Page” and click “WebPage Item” child object Type.
- Create a new Webpage Item with below properties:
- Name : LogoutButton
- Type : ImageButton
- Caption-String Override : <img src=”images/LogOut_New.png” alt=”logout” height=”24″ width=”24″ border=”0″ align=”absmiddle”>
- Method Invoked : Logoff
- Item Identifier : 14
Compile Changes and launch application. you will see the log-out button on top right corner of the application as shown in below image.